Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Midnight Musings

I've got a lot on my mind tonight. Today is my son's birthday. He's 6 years old today. Actually, in an hour, it will be the exact time to the minute that he was born. So I've been reflecting on that. Time goes by really fast when you're a parent. I now know what they mean when they say "kids grow up too fast". He's already 1/3 of the way through his childhood yet it seems like yesterday that he was a newborn.

I've been thinking a lot about love too. LOL--aren't I always thinking about love? Possibilities seem endless right now, moreso than they have in awhile, and still I'm not content. There's an underlying ambivalence in my approach to relationships that worries me. I know what I want...or at least what I say I want...but am I being real with myself? I truly enjoy my solitude. But I don't want to be alone. That doesn't make sense...but then again, it does.

For the last week I have kept this blog hidden, even changed the URL, because I gave access to it that I don't usually give and felt way too vulnerable. But then I realized I can't live my life on other people's terms. This blog is about ME. I can only be me. A person can either accept that or judge me.

So the blog has been restored to its usual state. I apologize to those who look for it and couldn't find it.

It won't happen again. FIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment